Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Feast

Noah and I had a lot of fun shopping at the Great Barrington farmers market and the Guido's and figuring out how to make new things in an unfamiliar kitchen.

Noah made this beets and tomatoes salad. He roasted the beets in the oven himself. This created a red mess in the kitchen, but the dish was well worth the trouble.

I was not terribly creative with desserts, but couldn't pass up the peaches at the farmers market. The only thing new to me is that for all the cobblers and crumbles I've made, I've never made a crisp before. So, I wound up making a peaches and berries crisp.  It was tasty and perhaps a little too sweet for me.  It also broke the household record for eating desserts - it took us 3 days to finish it!


I made this "grilled shrimp tapas" on the cast iron skillet with just a little bit of oil, salt, and garlic. Yum!


Noah made these stuffed squash blossoms and pappardelle pasta. These squash blossoms are now my favorite thing. They are stuffed with mushrooms, onions, bread crumbs and gruyere cheese and baked.

No comments: