Saturday, November 21, 2009

One More Day!


Ok. The taper madness wasn't as bad as it could have been.
It wasn't easy, but I didn't buy anything particularly silly this time. And it's almost over!
It's now one day from the Philly Marathon. As I write this, I'm around 23 hours from starting. And I'm nervous.

It's not the big things that worry me. I've done a lot of training. And yes, I think I've tapered too much and that I've lost all my fitness, but I know that's how I'm supposed to feel.

And, contrary to my expectations, I have not contracted swine flu during the taper period.

On the other hand, I'm kind of worried about my feet. I'm still wandering around lost in the sea of running shoes, ever since Mizuno changed the wave riders. I've got a new pair of new balances, which I'm going to wear, but they're a lot harder than I'm used to. Plan is to have a back up pair of running shoes at mile 18. Just in case. Meanwhile, the weird little callous/corn/unidentified growth I've got under the ball of my right foot... well, the taper period hasn't turned out well. It seems to have taken the opportunity to grow a bit more. So, the conundrum: leave as is, or risk last minute changes? Ugh.

So, that's what I'm worried about. I'm hoping that, in the excitement of the day, all this won't matter. I'm also hoping that I can do well tomorrow. We'll know soon.

No comments: