Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tomorrow is Noah's Anthracite Triathlon

Just 5 miles easy today. Wissahickon is not stinky anymore. I'm trying to save legs for tomorrow's double 10K, but they still feel pretty sore due to two frisbee games this week. Tomorrow, Noah is racing in the Anthracite Triathlon, and I am tagging along and getting my run in in beautiful Jim Thorpe. The plan for me is to run the run course while Noah is on the bike leg, and then try to run the run course with him while he's on the run leg. Hence, the double 10K. The plan for Noah is the Olympic distance 1.5K swim- 40K bike- 10K run at race intensity.

Even though I don't feel like waking up at 4:30 am to drive up there, I'm looking forward to the race. The runner in me just like watching races in general, and it's especially fun to see Noah race. We were up there for the same race last year and had a good time. Jim Thorpe is a cute town in the Poconos, with a very outdoorsy vibe. The race has a community feel to it, with maybe a few hundred competitors. The Mauch Chunk lake where the swim is held is mild and clean. The bike course is hilly, which plays to Noah's strengths. The run is mostly shaded and on a trail. Last year, after the race, we went swimming and then hiking. Maybe we can do the same this year and make it an annual tradition.

No comments: