Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sore shins withstand 400's

Ever since almost rolling over my ankle several times on Sunday, my right shins have hurt when I walk. So, even though I was in the mood for a longer run tonight, I knew I had to be willing to cut the run short.

I went over to the CHA track to join the Wanderer's track practice. The ten of us ran twelve 400's with 35 seconds rest between each. The 400s fell between 1:30 and 1:35, roughly 5K pace, though I only knew that because I ran a 5K last weekend. What I learned is that 35 seconds is not a lot of time to rest and 12 reps adds up quickly. My shins held up until the warm-down. Because I felt sore and tired then, I didn't tag on the 4 miles as planned. So, today, 6+ miles.

I stayed behind and chatted with people. There's an an off-road 10K in Delaware this Saturday, and I might be pressured into doing it. The main issue for me is the time and money costs and a secondary issue is that I'd rather get some LSD in before Broad Street next week. On the other hand, the race will probably be fun and running with a team is always neat. I'll see how I feel later in the week.

No comments: